I haven’t blogged in awhile.
I lost my mom on April 6. She went in for her first chemotherapy treatment on March 28, developed an infection and because of her low immune system, passed away. It was not expected.
I am sad. But also grateful for many things.
- At this time last year, she underwent lung and gall bladder surgery and spent over 60 days in the hospital. At the time, I thought it was the hardest thing I have ever done. Now, I am grateful that I was able to spend one-on-one time with her that I probably wouldn’t have in my otherwise “busy” life if she had been healthy.
- She had spent the last year since her previous hospital stay in some kind of pain. She is not suffering anymore.
- Amidst tragedy, I have realized how important family and true friends are.
- I am expecting my second child. I am grateful she was able to experience this pregnancy with me and know that I was having another little boy.
- I am stronger than I thought I was.
I only hope that I can be half the mother to my children as she was to me.